sreda, 7. januar 2015

Orange Juice Band !

So I've been thinking about writing this blog for about 3 months now. Simply because these people changed my life! 

Just to say thank you!

So I'm finally gonna tell you about Orange Juice Band. And maybe there will be an exclusive interview down there, but you will have to keep reading to find more about that. Well just to say it quick there won't be interview because Patrik and Kim are sometimes this lazy asses and doesn't want to answer my questions. :'D

First let me introduce you to all of the OJB team.  (Sorry for like 10 months old picture but yeah, it's from the first ever gig we spend together)


So from left to right there is:
• Erik Renko - drums
• Domen Benčina - diatonic accordion, vocals
• Tadej Benčina - light and sound staff
• Maxim - friend
• Neža Devčič - lead vocals, keyboards
• Kim Babič - guitar, vocals
• Rok Reja - bas, vocals 
• Patrik Babič - lead vocals, keyboards
• Janja Klančar (me) - photography, editing, staff
• and missing part - Davor Babič - manager aka Daddy Juice

So let me tell you a little story. Let's start from the beginning. 

I've been fan of them since like 2 or 3 years ago. At first was just this group with bunch of kids who loved music. 

I remember when Kim and Patrik played some music together like "Duet Babič" back in 2010. 
Since then I started to look after them on local festivals. They were good and next thing I knew, there was this band called Orange Juice Band, and well guess who played in there? Yeah, Patrik and Kim with the rest of the band.


After summer 2013 I started to talk with Patrik, Domen and Tadej kinda on daily basis. It was fun to know someone who adores music and performing, and get to see them on the stage was great!

When all the chaos around my mom happened in December, I was glad that Patrik was there for me. Like really. He was talking with me 24/7, I could tell him every single thought that was running through my mind and he was there to listen, to help and he just brought my smile back. I couldn't wait weekends to just go to Koper, away from everything and meet him or my family. 


So he knew that I got this pretty good camera for Christmas, and once he just said: " When we have our next gig, come to see us, bring the camera, take some pictures, try to have fun and just turn off your brain for a night."

And he was just so right! First gig that I went to was that Valentine's day gig and it was completely relaxing. 

Honestly, this band changed my life, on better for sure! They gave me the best summer and all the weekends that we spend together were just ahhh. 

And it is true, music connects people! Sometimes the music that they played was like on the stand by in my life, now is my way to get through the day.


So this was like the next gig we did in Bellavita bar in Koper.


  Pic with Neža from prom that they played in Postojna.


And another one with Kim and Neža.


Little goofing after the song competition in Podnanos and "the" team. ;)


More funny and happy faces.

 

Some more gigs,


filming,


and last but not least, some more fun at practice!

And just to let you know, the new song!


Love,
- J

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar