torek, 10. september 2013

Greece, vacation of the year!

So my mom decided that after long 6 years we're going on summer vacationes somewhere else than being here in our country in Koper.


We decided that we're going to Greece to the island named Zakynthos.
What can I say about Zakynthos?
Hmm, its middle sized island, they called it "green island" . The original name island got from Venetians and it's called Zante.
The island is known from the most famous and probably the most photographed beach in the world, "Shipwreck" or how they call it "Navagio".
The famous Blue Caves are absolutely beautiful and the big turtle named Caretta Caretta.


We stayed at this beautiful hotel named Poseidon Beach Hotel just next to the beach. The workers in hotel were really kind and hard working, I was watching this girl named Viki every day.She's about 25, and she was working all day from like 7am until 7pm with this big smile on her face, every single day. I just can't believe how she could do all those things, working hard and always smiling. Then there was this guy named Chris who was making cocktails in the bar by the pool. The cocktails were damn good but I freaked out when he started hitting on me so I try to avoid him as much as I could. It's creepy ya know, my boyfriend was on the their yacht and he couldn't be ther to protect me. Well in the end he just stopped to flirt.
Ugh next theme please. :)

Not the best idea to write about food when you are hungry but okey.
It was just so goooooood.

First I totally love Tzatziki it's yogurt with cucumber and garlic puree, used as a dip. Served with warm pita bread. And the second thing I adore is Gyros it's meat (usually pork) roasted on a vertically turning spit and served with sauce (often tzatziki) and garnishes (tomato, onions) on pita bread, or served as a sandwich wrapped in pita bread together with tomatoes, onions, tzatziki and tomato sauce.

Well those two things were the best.

One day we went on pirate ship and took a trip around the island and we saw everything, from the sights to the traditional greek night.
And well that kinda is all that happened in one week. Nothing special, but the best!

Love,
- J

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar